I am a Parallels novice. I am trying to use Windows XP in Parallels to do some crucial work on my MacBook Pro (2.6 processor with 4GB memory, OS 10.5.3). It is a web based Radiology Information System application I need to use to dictate medical/radiology reports, as well as review patient info, sign reports, etc. I use a USB microphone to dictate (Phillips SpeechMike). It is all web based, using Internet Explorer. I have set this up on a few PC's and it is working without problem on those. However, when I dictate on my MacBook Pro, the resulting dictation sounds somewhat garbled, with skipping. Everytime I complete the dictation, and immediately after the program tells me that the recorded audio file successfully uploaded, IE consistantly crashes, giving me an error message. I then have to restart IE, log back in, etc. In addition to this predictable crashing, IE often crashes while doing other things (signing reports, etc.).
The RIS company's support people haven't been able to help me, and they aren't familiar with using the site/software on Mac or familiar with Parallels.
Can someone please help me sort this out?
Thanks,
Marc
The RIS company's support people haven't been able to help me, and they aren't familiar with using the site/software on Mac or familiar with Parallels.
Can someone please help me sort this out?
Thanks,
Marc