BenInBlack
Pro
I know probably the whole company is at macworld, but if there is anyone there, can we get some sort of word on this build 3120 that seems to have squeeked into the forum 
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
drval said:I strongly suspect that they will be making some kind of statement as soon as they reasonably can. BTW, I definitely liked the idea from Tim Surget of Parallels about sending specific comments to:
[email protected]
Doing that will make certain that those comments become part of the official working process of development.
dkp said:What he said was to include that address for comments. Is that your only drum?
dkp said:What he said was to include that address for comments. Is that your only drum?
Tim Surgent said:I'm asking to send bugreports to [email protected] in any official announcement. Most bugreports require several communications with the person reporting the problem and doing that via forum is quite uncomfortable not saying about lack of any possibility of request tracking.
Best regards,
Tim
Tim Surgent said:The solution will be
1. Booting XP into Safe Mode.
2. Uninstalling Parallels Tools via Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.
3. Booting into regular mode.
4. And installing Parallels Tools again.
Or alternatively
1. Getting VM from backup.
2. Starting.
3. Ignoring Windows prompts to install any drivers.
4. Installing Parallels Tools
5. Rebooting.
Best regards,
Tim
dkp said:Thanks, Tim - that I'm sure is pretty well understood. Val has been playing the role of net nanny of late and scurrying around the posts trying to silence discussions and shepherd them off to the beta address. He was just being repetitive here. You might offer him a job so he will feel more fulfilled.
mrfearless47 said:Downloaded the 3120 RC 1 from the link posted. Upgrade from Beta 2 went flawlessly. USB thumb drives now work perfectly. For my purposes, the upgrade to RC 1 is now pretty much without issue. Thanks Parallels for helping me avoid VM Fusion, which is an absolute PITA to install with WinXP. The reasons for this elude me but I lack the patience to waste time exploring. Parallels does what I need and I don't have to anticipate spending mucho bucks to go to a VMWare product.
drval said:Actually I don't think it was "pretty well understood" as you had just posted.....
Oh, yes, the other thing is that I have actually done the update to 3120 -- it couldn't have been easier. Did the download, shutdown Parallels, launched the installer, when it finished I started up Parallels and even resumed working in XP precisely where I had left off -- open development environment for my programming efforts.
I obviously don't know how well it will work for others but for me it was very simple.
Fredric said:Hi drval,
Would like to check one thing with you before "updating" to 3120. You made no mention of having to reinstall Parallels Tools (I don't mean for BootCamp, which I am not booting off). Is that not necessary?
dkp said:I'm not drval nor even play him on TV, but in my installation the tools auto-installed. In the past several screens would pop up during the process, or I'd have to launch it, but this time the tools just installed without my help.
Fredric said:Thank you.