Straitsfan
Junior Member
Can anyone tell me where the files (say documents that you work on) are stored on the Mac when you import a boot comp partition (if I've worded that correctly)? I noticed that when I change a document in an imported boot camp, the change isn't there when I run parallels from my boot camp partition, so I understand, I think, that everything is copied from the boot camp partition into OS X. I made a change to a document that I have in my import, and when I opened up the boot camp partition in Parallels, the change wasn't there in the document (it was a test case). But when I look in the finder for the files for the import, I cant' find them (specifically, I was looking for that altered document)
Also - -if I understand correctly what's going on, could I get rid of the boot camp partition and still keep windows and run it from the import? It seems to be a waste of space, especially since, if I understand things correctly, I have essentially two copies of windows on my hard drive.
additionally, how can I move/copy any documents from the boot camp partition to the imported one, should I decide to get rid of the boot camp partition?
Also - -if I understand correctly what's going on, could I get rid of the boot camp partition and still keep windows and run it from the import? It seems to be a waste of space, especially since, if I understand things correctly, I have essentially two copies of windows on my hard drive.
additionally, how can I move/copy any documents from the boot camp partition to the imported one, should I decide to get rid of the boot camp partition?
Last edited: