Unable to activate older version of Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by thanar, Dec 20, 2022.

1. DenisT2

DenisT2

Same issue. Parallels 9 on Lion. I get the activation code to email to get confirmation code but email bounces back and online activation doesn't work. Tried all steps above. Help would be appreciated. I also have the current version on another Mac so support for the many licences I have purchased would be appreciated.

2. JeremyS21

JeremyS21 Bit poster

I am just now trying to activate my legacy license and it says that it cannot be used to activate and its says that the key is still registered, when I tried to register it. It is for Parallels 11.

3. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

Kindly check your inbox. Please follow the instructions as specified in the reply.

Thanks

4. NathanH10

NathanH10 Bit poster

Hi I am also having the same issue. Can't sign into parallels desktop 11 on MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra. Thanks for any you can give.

5. MeiN

MeiN Bit poster

Same problem. Can't activate Parallels 11 with licence. Error message is "Unable to perform the operation. Please check the Internet connection and try again." Please help!

6. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,

Kindly check your inbox. Please follow the instructions as specified in the reply.

Thanks

7. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,

Thanks

8. MeiN

MeiN Bit poster

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply, but I haven't received the instructions yet, would you mind send it to me again, Thanks a lot!

9. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,

Please check your inbox.

thanks

MeiN likes this.
  10. MeiN

MeiN Bit poster

Hi,
    It works, you save me, Thank you very much!

Carl Gundel and GrahamM2 like this.
  11. SimeonC

SimeonC Bit poster

Hi, Having the same problem. Can't activate Parallels 11 with licence. Error message is "Unable to perform the operation. Please check the Internet connection and try again. Please can someone PM me with the instructions. Thank you

12. JasonM44

JasonM44 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm using Parallels Desktop 12 and moved to another computer, is there a way to de-activate the license on the old computer?

The key I'm attempting to re-activate ends with -8EFBFC
    Thanks

13. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello Jason,

You can follow the link https://kb.parallels.com/123461 to have more information on moving your license to a new Mac.
    We have verified your account and we can see that the license has been successfully activated on a Mac OS X 10.15.7(19H2026) and the last contact with our servers was on 2024-08-08 03:47.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks

14. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello,

Thanks

15. AtilioG

AtilioG

Hello, I have been using since 2021 my permanent Parallels Desktop 16 license in an M1 MacBook Air. I recently upgraded to an M3 MacBook Air and performed the standard migration with the recommended Apple Migration Tool. In the new computer, Parallels Desktop 16 can be readily found but it does not work: it demands to re-enter the product key and then, after a long rumination it solemnly declares that the operation cannot be performed, and recommends checking the Internet connection....which of course is in perfect order. I have seen in other posts, that this is a fairly common problem when trying to migrate permanent licenses to new computers. Will you please tell me:
    a) If I have the right to activate my permanent license in my new computer.
    b) If affirmative, how can the activation be performed without annoying messages about the Internet connection?
    c) If negative, could I reactivate the license in my old computer, after having already completed the migration to the new one?
    Thanks in advance

16. AtilioG

AtilioG

Please forget my previous message: the cause of the problem was the antivirus.

17. Davige49

Davige49 Junior Member

I'm still trying to activate my legacy Parallels 11 license on an older Mac with Mojave. Parallels won't let me past the log in screen. Says to check my internet connection which I know is good. The Parallels account link process doesn't work either. The support people either don't know or don't care how to get past this screen. Parallels is the most dishonest software company I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.

18. Carl Gundel

Carl Gundel Bit poster

Oh, what did you do that worked for you? Why are the instructions not presented here?
    I am having the same problem, I believe.
    I have an old Mac Pro running El Capitan, which is the latest it can run. I use this as an FTP server, for video editing, and for running some Parallels virtual machines. Recently the machine died, and I bought a replacement machine identical to the first.
    I moved all my hard disks over and the new machine successfully fired up. A perfect replacement for the dead Mac Pro except for one thing. Parallels Desktop 11 refuses to recognize my registration key. That's interesting. Is the registration tied to the processor and/or motherboard of the old dead Mac?
    So, even if I type in the registration key, it responds with "Unable to perform the operation. Please check the internet connection and try again."
    There is nothing wrong with my internet connection.
    So, what is the answer? Will a copy of Parallels Desktop 14 (the last version that runs on El Capitan, I think) work? Or will I also be unable to activate that version?
    Please help,
    Thanks,
    -Carl