Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Didn't work for me. I have a theory though: Hypervisors expose the real processing hardware and I'm wondering if the Apple Silicon chip has an effect on this. I've been trying an M2 Pro and an M5 Pro. What chip where you using when you got that update to work?So, interestingly I was curious about whether 26.7.1 would solve the problem, and...
I forgot that I had a VM running the update process (from 26.6.2).
Interestingly, I got on to my computer this morning and my VM was sitting at at 26.7.1. And is seemingly responsive. My host is also 27.0.1
So, for anybody having this problem, maybe try letting the update process run overnight?
cd "/Volumes/YourDisk/Parallels/YourVM copy.macvm"
cp -p aux.bin aux.bin.bak
strings -a -t x aux.bin | grep -E '[im]Boot-[0-9]'
2401e mBoot-18000.161.1022401e mBoot-20457.1.29dd if=aux.bin of=aux.bin bs=16384 skip=9 seek=137 count=128 conv=notrunc
dd if=aux.bin of=aux.bin bs=16384 skip=137 seek=9 count=128 conv=notrunc
sysctl hw.memsize hw.memsize_usable
cp -p aux.bin.bak aux.bin
dd if=/path/to/old/aux.bin of=aux.bin bs=16384 skip=9 seek=137 count=128 conv=notrunc
a sound Parallels mitigation would be host-side:
- Add a “Prepare for macOS Update” command that cleanly shuts down, backs up aux.bin, and cold-starts the guest.
- When Tools notices an OS update being staged, automatically preserve aux.bin before the restart.
- On the next VM start, inspect aux.bin for a known-bad firmware build such as mBoot-20457.1.29.
- If detected, stop startup and offer “Restore previous VM firmware” or “Continue anyway.”
- Maintain a compatibility list and warn about affected macOS update builds.