Snow Leopard as Guest on Lion

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by StevePlooch, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelLAX

MichaelLAX Member

The debate is over: Apple dropped the price of Snow Leopard Server to the same price as Snow Leopard client. Now there is NO reason not to virtualize Snow Leopard Server in favor or Snow Leopard client and the EULA has NOTHING to do with it!

Here is what I do when users come to my "Install Snow Leopard into Parallels" thread on MacRumors:

1. I advise them to purchase Snow Leopard Server INSTEAD of Snow Leopard Client, which is now supported directly by Parallels and can be given their Technical Support and Forum assistance.

2. If they still indicate that they want to install Snow Leopard client as a means to save the additional $20, I indicate that the additional $20 is NOT worth my time to technically support their efforts.

3. If they indicate that they are outside of the USA & Canada and cannot purchase a copy of Snow Leopard Server from Apple, I assist them in purchasing a copy of Snow Leopard Server from Apple and trans-shipping it to them; first in Italy, then in the UK and now in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Dear Forum Participants,

I have noticed the dispute on the initial topic started going in the wrong direction and decided to jump in.

The initial forum topic was about running client versions of Mac OS X Snow Leopard in Parallels Desktop for Mac Virtual Machines.
    As stated several times in the forum by multiple members, running client versions of Leopard/Snow Leopard in any virtual machine (including Parallels Desktop for Mac) is not allowed by Apple’s License Policy.
    Parallels does not offer any workaround to be able to accomplish this, nor do we recommend to try it on your own.
    The official (and reliable) way is to purchase, install and run the Server edition of Snow Leopard.

As the discussion went in the wrong direction and I noticed multiple personal assaults between the forum members, some of the posts will be deleted/edited to contain only relevant information on the topic in the forum thread.

We appreciate your interest in Parallels Desktop for Mac, as well as it was a pleasure to see lively discussions on the topic. This forum thread will be locked as the relevant topic has been addressed and answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.