Kathleen R
Member
I don't need to use Windows very much any more so I'm still using Parallels 5 w Snow Leopard. Actually PD6 came out not long after I bought my MacBookPro & got Parallels 5. It seems that other software offers a longer free upgrade if a new version comes up within a certain time after purchase.
I have Windows 7 set up in Bootcamp & then am using Bootcamp as a VM in Parallels. I don't have any plans to upgrade Windows.
But now I would kind of like to upgrade to Mountain Lion, but Parallels 5 I see is not compatible. It looks like Parallels is up to Version 8.
Don't really want to spend much $ for something I rarely use & which it seems has fairly frequent version changes.
I guess I could just use Bootcamp, although that is a nuisance.
If I do decide to go ahead to update to Mountain Lion & still want to use Parallels, what are my options?
Could I upgrade directly from 5 to 8?
I have Windows 7 set up in Bootcamp & then am using Bootcamp as a VM in Parallels. I don't have any plans to upgrade Windows.
But now I would kind of like to upgrade to Mountain Lion, but Parallels 5 I see is not compatible. It looks like Parallels is up to Version 8.
Don't really want to spend much $ for something I rarely use & which it seems has fairly frequent version changes.
I guess I could just use Bootcamp, although that is a nuisance.
If I do decide to go ahead to update to Mountain Lion & still want to use Parallels, what are my options?
Could I upgrade directly from 5 to 8?