manfredell said:Give me a break. Hotsync with Palm desktop STILL NOT WORKING. This is a basic necessity!!!!
That's why it's called beta..... reinstall 1970 for reliable palm hotsync.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
manfredell said:Give me a break. Hotsync with Palm desktop STILL NOT WORKING. This is a basic necessity!!!!
scotymac said:That's why it's called beta..... reinstall 1970 for reliable palm hotsync.
scotymac said:That's why it's called beta..... reinstall 1970 for reliable palm hotsync.
I had the same problem, I found out that I had to unplug NOT UNMOUNT ( it's not enough)a USB HD connected to my MBPro. After that my VM started and I was able to reconnect & remount the USB HD. This HD has 2 partitions, one HFS+ and one FAT32.behavior said:My MacPro has a problem with two HDDs, too.
Parallels says in this way.
"more than one Windows partitions are found."
It does not start from BootCamp.
OSX is installed in HDD1, and BootCamp is installed in HDD2.
Because I can start from BootCamp with one HDD in MacBook normally, I think that it is not a problem of Parallels's setting.
JesseRPI said:I have noticed that this build of Parallels often crashes when I am trying to connect to another Windows machine using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC.) RDC starts up fine, but when I click the connect button I get a crash. This does not happen every time, but I have noticed a pattern that Parellals only crashes when this happens. I use RDC many times during the day, and this happens at least once a day.
merz said:As of the last beta release, I could connect my USB Bluetooth Dongle to Parallels running Ubuntu 6.10, but the device wasn't properly recognized by the OS. This USB dongle works fine on a machine running Ubuntu natively.
Now in 3106, Parallels crashes almost immediately after connecting the USB Dongle.
Any ideas?
drval said:I would definitely NOT install the boxed version. Go directly to 3106; use the Registration Code you have, if it doesn't work you'll be directed re: getting a new code. Almost all of the reported problems have involved migration TO 3106 FROM some prior version and/or integrating with Boot Camp.
davewike said:no luck with clipboard sync in this beta... anyone else having trouble? Used to work fine...
drval said:Have you installed Parallels' Tools for this Beta?
a.maverick said:Drval, thanks a lot for your response and your inputs regarding my questions in my earlier post. I really appreciate that! Since you mentioned and as I have noticed in the forum, there are a lot of issues about integrating Build 3106 with Boot Camp, is it advisable to try that out? Do you or anyone else have any suggestions on that? I do know that usually all the problems and negative feedback get posted in the forums and the positive success stories get neglected. So any input would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Souken C.Ingram said:A few searches didn't return this, so if this has already been reported, please disregard.
If I start a Win2k VM that is set to automatically switch to coherence display, edges of my windows are clipped, and Windows thinks my pointer is about an inch above where it should be when I open the start menu using the Windows (Mapped Apple/Command) key. If I go into OS Window display and then back to coherence, everything is fine.
cwoffenden said:I'd just like to say that the new beta works fine for me. I'm mostly running XP Pro in its own partition using Bootcamp (although I didn't use Bootcamp's utility to partition the drive, I used diskutil's resizeVolume command) on a Mac Mini (1.83GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD). After activating XP again under Parallels I've been able to boot without problems either natively or through a virtual machine.
The software I run does so without issues (mostly CodeWarrior and Visual Studio) but I have noticed these niggles:
1. I get quite a long delay until XP starts up (and I'm always asked for my password).
2. The Parallels Tools setup runs every time I boot XP.
3. I'm pretty sure I keep getting the same security update installing in XP.
luomat said:Right, because really, the ability to use USB2 isn't all that important when syncing a Palm.
I suppose I could also reinstall writing things out in longhand, or use carbon paper to duplicate my contact information and calendar.
Coherence = Eye Candy
USB2/Palm Sync = functionality
We've gotten much more of 1 than 2