Parallels Desktop 11 Cannot Sign In on High Sierra – “Check Your Internet Connection” Error

元山真吾

Bit poster
Hello,

I am using Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, version 11.2.3, on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

I can successfully sign in to my Parallels My Account on the web, and I can see my legacy licenses for Parallels Desktop 11 and Parallels Desktop 10.

However, I cannot sign in from the Parallels Desktop 11 application. Even when I enter the correct email address and password, I receive a message saying:

“Please check your Internet connection and try again.”

My Windows 7 virtual machine file, Windows 7.pvm, still exists and is recognized by Parallels. It shows “Click to Resume”, but when I try to resume the VM, the Parallels sign-in window appears and prevents the VM from starting.

Parallels Desktop itself also shows that the product is already activated.

I would like to start this old Windows 7 virtual machine again. Is there any way to restore the account authentication in Parallels Desktop 11, or bypass the sign-in requirement for this already activated installation?

Thank you for your support.
 
Same with Parallels Desktop 27 for Mac Pro, Version 27.0.1 (58670) on MacOS 26.6.2 (25G83)

I get a message, that my username oder password is not correct.
 
This may be related to compatibility between Parallels Desktop 11, High Sierra, and the older authentication services rather than an actual network problem. I’d first check whether Safari can access HTTPS sites normally, then verify the Mac’s date and time, since an incorrect system clock can cause certificate or login failures. It may also be worth checking whether Parallels Desktop 11 is still able to reach its authentication servers and whether the latest available build for version 11 is installed. If the issue started after a system update, that would be another useful clue when troubleshooting.
 
But the Problem also exist in Mac OS X Tahoe with Parallels Desktop 27.0.2 and even 27.0.3
I don't think that it's a network problem, too.
I've got a sucessfull TLS-Handshake with desktop.parallels.com using TLS v1.2 EC DH.
Same behaviour with account.parallels.com

Maybe one of these server has a problem. But I can't inspect encrypted packets, of course.
 
Back
Top