Need to upgrade to version 26

ThomasB

Member
Hello, I have an iMac 2017 with 4.2Ghz Intel processor, 40Gb ram, 512Gb SSD. I have Windows 10, hardware does not support Windows 11.
I just installed Sequoia using OpenCore Legacy Patcher, works great.
I've been using Parallels 18 since it came out. This is my wife's iMac. Some of her simple games, for instance Solitaire City now is glitchy.
I understand, because it is an Intel based machine, it does not support Parallels 27. I'm thinking of getting 26? I don't see the option to upgrade to 26 on the web site?
Any ideas on where to get 26? Or, is it even a good idea?
Thanks,
Tom
 
Hello,
Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, we do not recommend using OpenCore Legacy Patcher.

We do not recommend or test such setups, thus cannot guarantee any positive results using our product even if other apps are working fine.

Since Apple cannot guarantee that new versions of macOS will work on such legacy Macs, we from our side cannot guarantee that our product will work properly or work at all too.

We recommend downgrading back to the last recommended macOS for your device and trying again.

Please find this article about macOS compatibility with Parallels Desktop: https://kb.parallels.com/114381

Should you have additional questions

Kind Regards,
Parallels Team
 
Back
Top