macOS 14.x Sonoma [Beta]

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Aries@PF, Jun 5, 2023.

1. AaronM17

AaronM17 Bit poster

See my post about switching the network driver in parallels, "Got Ventura VM working in Ventura" and see if that helps get past the locked-up boot screen.

2. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Had to use safe mode to get the OS to boot in parallels, but here's the verbose when I tried without and it would hang trying to boot.

AppleKeyStore:11863:144: unexpected session did: -1 requested by: bluetoothd (144)
    AppleKeyStore:11863:144: operation failed (see: 7 ret: e00002c2, -1)
    AppleKeyStore:11863:144: operation failed (see: 7 ret: e00002bc, -1)
    [AHCI][PRT][001F0210] AbortCommands: :5382:port 1 - called, deviceWithError 0, recode = 0xe0030005

3. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Did it again, only took away the safe boot and added the `prlctl set 63db51a7-ebba-46e9-bea5-6810ef9115db --video-adapter-type virtio. The graphics appears to have corrected itself, but it hung at the line above what I posted last (IE: Didn't see the very last line)

4. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

Correction, I don't think the graphics have changed as it's not recognizing the size of the window. The Guest reports 1024x768 and 3 Mb of vRAM.

5. AaronM17

AaronM17 Bit poster

"Apple hasn't yet dropped Intel, with macOS 14 Sonoma."
    HUH? Available day-1 Intel.

Attached Files:

6. AaronM17

AaronM17 Bit poster

Sonoma was available Day-1 on Intel:
    upload_2023-6-19_14-30-9.png

7. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

That's not what the statement was saying. Some thought that it was M-Series / ARM Macs only.

8. Abhishek9971

Abhishek9971 Bit poster

Thank you for the information. You provide valuable information. This information is so helpful.

9. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

While still using the safe mode flag, I recently updated the Guest to the v2 of Beta, rebooted after removing the boot flags, and now the Beta launches without issue. It even shows the "full" 64 Mb of virtual GPU vRAM. No known updates to parallels or the tools was observed, so it looks like whatever was incompatible with Parallels (causing the boot issues) has been resolved in the Beta itself.

10. Sven G

Sven G Member

Yes, macOS 14 Sonoma beta 2 (Intel) indeed works - and with full Apple accelerated graphics - as a Parallels Desktop (18.3.1) VM, with the Tools installed (also on my old MBP11,3, with the latest OCLP: however, only with only the iGPU enabled; while with the dGPU enabled - the default automatic switching - there is only a black screen)... :cool::)

Attached Files:

mattlqx likes this.
  11. Sven G

Sven G Member

^^^ BTW, it works both with the Parallels and Apple hypervisors.

12. KirillG3

KirillG3 Bit poster

Hello everyone! I am trying to install Mac OS sonoma beta 2 but it stuck at less than 1 minute remaining, someone knows how to fix that problem???

13. JulsS

JulsS Member

Anyone find a way to install the public beta as guest on Apple Silicon host?

14. MatthewR20

MatthewR20 Most valuable person

15. JulsS

JulsS Member

Thanks but that will only work for developer accounts and not the public beta.

16. MatthewR20

Is there a reason you need the public beta and not the developer beta?

17. MatthewR20

The developer betas are now available for free developer accounts.

18. JulsS

JulsS Member

Thanks. I didn't know that.