likegadgets
Member
I had under PD3 my full Windows machine that was ported. I finally had that working, except for two issues, parallel tools would stop working and the iSight camera would not work (and yes, I tried every suggestion in the forum).
I upgraded to PD4 - that introduced two new problems, the Unable to connect CD/DVD-ROM 1 and finding the machine frozen if I leave the VM running. (isight still did not work) I had a fairly large Windows XP machine that I ported with many programs, and perhaps it was too complex for PD.
While I am new to the Mac I am avery experienced Windows and PC user.
In frustration with my multiple Parallels 3 and 4 problems. I started from scratch and created a new virtual machine. I have XP SP3 and Quicken 2008 plus a couple of minor Windows apps. For now, nothing else.
I was able to get iSight working, and the CD/DVD-ROM issue is apparently gone. However the freezing is happening constantly if the VM is working. The Mouse and Keyboard stop responding and requires the on/off switch to restart on the MAC.
I have isolated the problem to PD4 - as I have turned almost everything else off. No VM - no freezing. Yes VM - freezes. (I had suspected a new Fujitsu ScanSnap - but I removed it and it's software from the MAC to trubleshoot).
I read in another thread (with no follow up) that John asked: "Do you have Screen Sharing or VMC server enabled?"
I happen to have Screen Sharing enabled and I am running Vine Server on the MAC side. Does this matter? I need this to access the machine remotely.
You can imagine the times it has taken to address the above. I cannot think of any software issue I have exprienced that is so frustrating.
Is there a solution or workaround to the freezing?
Thanks
I upgraded to PD4 - that introduced two new problems, the Unable to connect CD/DVD-ROM 1 and finding the machine frozen if I leave the VM running. (isight still did not work) I had a fairly large Windows XP machine that I ported with many programs, and perhaps it was too complex for PD.
While I am new to the Mac I am avery experienced Windows and PC user.
In frustration with my multiple Parallels 3 and 4 problems. I started from scratch and created a new virtual machine. I have XP SP3 and Quicken 2008 plus a couple of minor Windows apps. For now, nothing else.
I was able to get iSight working, and the CD/DVD-ROM issue is apparently gone. However the freezing is happening constantly if the VM is working. The Mouse and Keyboard stop responding and requires the on/off switch to restart on the MAC.
I have isolated the problem to PD4 - as I have turned almost everything else off. No VM - no freezing. Yes VM - freezes. (I had suspected a new Fujitsu ScanSnap - but I removed it and it's software from the MAC to trubleshoot).
I read in another thread (with no follow up) that John asked: "Do you have Screen Sharing or VMC server enabled?"
I happen to have Screen Sharing enabled and I am running Vine Server on the MAC side. Does this matter? I need this to access the machine remotely.
You can imagine the times it has taken to address the above. I cannot think of any software issue I have exprienced that is so frustrating.
Is there a solution or workaround to the freezing?
Thanks