Battery consumption

colonel_claypoo

Bit poster
I'm using one WIN 11 instance on my M4 Pro and I noticed working on it in fullscreen and almost exclusively on a given day, that it's heavily draining the battery, basically cuts the charge in half. Is this a know issue or to be expected? Would love to get your comments.
 
That sounds about right to me. You can get extra battery life by reducing screen brightness. High screen brightness is one of the biggest draws on the battery
 
High battery consumption can come from several sources, so I’d first check which applications or processes are using the most power. Running a virtual machine can increase CPU activity, disk usage, and background processes, which may contribute to faster battery drain. Lowering the virtual machine’s allocated CPU and RAM when they aren’t needed can help. Also check display brightness, background applications, power settings, and whether the host system is performing unnecessary tasks. Keeping Parallels and the guest operating system updated may also help with power management. Comparing battery usage with the virtual machine stopped can give you a useful baseline.
 
Back
Top