Parallels,
I, like many others, upgraded to version 4 with the expectation that performance would be better than version 3. This expectation was set by Parallels in their press release announcing version 4. However, I have not been able to achieve these performance gains in my environment.
I have been participating in many threads regarding version 4 and have been encouraged by Parallels' increased level of involvement. However, as it relates to performance, I feel that both Parallels and the user community have been taking "shots in the dark" when attempting to resolve the problems.
With this in mind, I completed a performance comparison between version 3 and version 4 and have posted a detailed report of my findings. The link to my public iDisk area is provided below where the report, in PDF format, can be downloaded. The file is 2MB in size and is listed first on the iDisk file listing.
http://idisk.mac.com/jmanos3-Public/?view=web
I also posted a 9MB zip file containing all of the configuration information used to create the report. Both files have been posted externally because of attachment file size limitations on these forums.
I am posting this information via the forum (instead of a problem ticket) because I believe it is critical that other users participate in the discussion. However, if you would like a problem ticket created, I would be happy to do so.
I have invested many hours in completing the comparison and writing the report. I would ask that you invest a similar level of time reviewing the information provided and respond back to the user community with your interpretation. As an alternative, if you have existing information comparing performance of version 3 and version 4, please make it available or point me to where it can be found.
Please understand that I am a fan of Parallels Desktop and want the product and company to succeed. But, I am also a customer who, at the moment, is not receiving the stated benefits from the product.
Users of Parallels Desktop,
Some of you are experiencing great performance with version 4 while others are not. As I am one who is not, I would love to know what you have done and/or more information on your configuration. If you are so inclined, please review the report and provide information as you see fit.
Thanks,
James
I, like many others, upgraded to version 4 with the expectation that performance would be better than version 3. This expectation was set by Parallels in their press release announcing version 4. However, I have not been able to achieve these performance gains in my environment.
I have been participating in many threads regarding version 4 and have been encouraged by Parallels' increased level of involvement. However, as it relates to performance, I feel that both Parallels and the user community have been taking "shots in the dark" when attempting to resolve the problems.
With this in mind, I completed a performance comparison between version 3 and version 4 and have posted a detailed report of my findings. The link to my public iDisk area is provided below where the report, in PDF format, can be downloaded. The file is 2MB in size and is listed first on the iDisk file listing.
http://idisk.mac.com/jmanos3-Public/?view=web
I also posted a 9MB zip file containing all of the configuration information used to create the report. Both files have been posted externally because of attachment file size limitations on these forums.
I am posting this information via the forum (instead of a problem ticket) because I believe it is critical that other users participate in the discussion. However, if you would like a problem ticket created, I would be happy to do so.
I have invested many hours in completing the comparison and writing the report. I would ask that you invest a similar level of time reviewing the information provided and respond back to the user community with your interpretation. As an alternative, if you have existing information comparing performance of version 3 and version 4, please make it available or point me to where it can be found.
Please understand that I am a fan of Parallels Desktop and want the product and company to succeed. But, I am also a customer who, at the moment, is not receiving the stated benefits from the product.
Users of Parallels Desktop,
Some of you are experiencing great performance with version 4 while others are not. As I am one who is not, I would love to know what you have done and/or more information on your configuration. If you are so inclined, please review the report and provide information as you see fit.
Thanks,
James