This forum is a complete waste of time

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ChrisR10, Feb 25, 2018.

1. ChrisR10

ChrisR10 Member

I've posted my issue here TWICE, and each topic has had lots of views. However no-one has had the simple courtesy to reply, even to say they "don't know what the problem is but maybe someone from Parallels would come along and suggest something...". Ha! Fat chance.

I even sent two PMs to Parallels staff who had replied to other posts, asking them why my issue was being ignored - but even those were ignored.

So the bottom line is this : after my experience, I don't feel I can recommend Parallels to anyone else, and will suggest other alternatives instead. I do recommend that all Parallels staff - especially their customer services, and so-called "experts" here - go and enrol for Human Interactions 101, because right now, they get a great big dirty F from me.

If I invest in another virtualiser in future, it won't be Parallels, so don't waste your time and mine in sending me any more emails.

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Chris, I am sorry to hear such words from you, but Parallels Forum is a place for users community, it's not a place to deal with urgent support issues - there's Parallels Support for that purposes. You had contacted our Support Team 3 times, so you know the way. Forum should be used to discuss complex configuration scenarios, seek for an advice from others, but not to have expectations for a quick help from Parallels Support. No one should expect a 100% coverage of forum posts by Parallels stuff, but at the same time, we're trying our best to reply as much as possible. Again, I am very sorry no one replied to your thread within a week.

Regarding your experience with Parallels (not the Forum), can you please share the details about it? The forum thread you're disappointed about is https://forum.parallels.com/threads/virtual-machine-runs-on-new-mac-but-cannot-share-files.343872/, right? I will reply to you there now, this one needs investigation.

3. ChrisR10

ChrisR10 Member

Hi

It's not true that I "know the way". I contacted the Support Team by clicking on your avatar(s) here in the forums then sending a PM. The support system here is a bit of a mess - counter intuitive - and really the only place that seems relevant and reachable is these forums. And as you've seen, it's kind of frustrating and annoying when what seems like an easy problem is ignored.

There should be an easier way to contact Support than what it appears to be when you arrive at the Support home page. Perhaps KB could set out a map there, showing a straight forward way to resolve issues? I'm sure that would be appreciated by users and thereby increase customer satisfaction.

Anyway, I've replied in the other active topic. Hopefully we can move forward on this.

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Thank you for the feedback, Chris. We have plans on improving user experience with Support services this year. For now, all available Support contacts are here: https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/support/#togglebox-37703-inner.