Downloaded parallels 8 - trying to get a trial key - any ideas?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DonnyR, Nov 23, 2016.

1. DonnyR

DonnyR Bit poster

Hi - I'm new to this and have an old Mac OS - 10.6.8 - I downloaded parallels 8 after reading that that will work with my OS - and I can download it, but when I try to "try it" and generate a trial key - it won't let me. Any advice on how I can do this? Or anyone who can confirm this is impossible? Any info is great, thanks.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello DonnyR,
    you can only get a trial for the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac.

3. AlexanderG3

AlexanderG3 Bit poster

ok so i am also in the same boat however im using an older mac and need to run windows 7. I can only run Parallels 6 and cannot get a trial code I would be okay with buying a code but would like to see if this older version will work for what i need it for I have newer parallels on my desktop mac but need a mobile option and only have an old MacBook 1, 1 intel. Please Help

4. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Unfortunately we stop providing trial key for the previous Parallels Desktop versions.
    But you can purchase it from resellers check and ask for the refund if you don't like it, sorry for the inconvenience but from our side we cannot configure Parallels Desktop 6 trial key.