Parallels Desktop 9 under Mac OS Sierra (for 2 programs under XP only)

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BeatG, Nov 29, 2016.

1. BeatG

BeatG Bit poster

I read that Parallels Desktop 9 is not compatible with Mac OS Sierra. It is also not declared compatible with El Capitan, but a test shows that for my reasons it words correctly!
    My needs are really low, since I use it under Windows XP for two Windows programs only that are not available in the MAC world and where I hardly can find alternatives: MS Access (for a wine database that I developed) and MS Money (for some finance analysis based on old data as well).
    I do not need Windows 10, speed is not a problem, security also not since I am purely local, no Internet access.
    Does Paralleles Desktop 9 works with Sierra under this point of view?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi BeatG, Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is not supported on Mac OS X Sierra officially. We would love to hear that you are able to use version 9 under Mac OS X Sierra.

3. BeatG

BeatG Bit poster

Hi Paul
    Thank you. You write "We would love to hear that you are able to use version 9 under Mac OS X Sierra".
    This sounds between brackets that it is principally possible but of course not supported by Parallels and maybe some functions do not work (e.g. USB ports).
    But it also means that I have to do the Mac Upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra and then I realize that it does not work. Then I would have to go back from Sierra to El Capitan.
    Do you have an idea how to test that?
    Best regards
    Beat