Parallels 9 and Mavericks Activity Manager status of Not Responding

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by cpto, Oct 24, 2013.

1. cpto

cpto Bit poster

Activity Manager shows Parallels 9 status as: Microsoft Windows XP (Not Responding)

Any idea what's happening? I see Not Responding on occasional programs but it usually clears after a few seconds.

With P9 and Mavericks the status is on all the time. Everything seems to work, but I suspect that somewhere Parallels 9 and Mavericks are not communicating properly.

I'd appreciate any comments from people more familiar with the internals of Mavericks and/or Parallels as to whether this indicates a potential problem or is just an unimportant glitch.

Thanks.

2. Drew Covi

Drew Covi Bit poster

Looks like this is a known issue.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/117225

3. Drew Covi

Drew Covi Bit poster

4. chrispratt247

chrispratt247 Member

I've got exactly the same thing.
    After the guest has been on for a couple of hours it demands lots of processing power and slows down to a crawl.
    Then I have to shut it down - this morning I had to repower my Mac as every time I started XP it ran extremely slow.

5. lolekpraha

lolekpraha Bit poster

Got the same problem. And looks like the system is slower after update to Parallels 9. :(

6. ReidarS

ReidarS Bit poster

I have also the same problem. After installing Mavericks it was not possible to work in Windows (W7) i PD8. I then upgraded to PD9, hoping this should help. But it's still the same - Not responding.
    Hope this can be fixed soon since I run my business software in windows!!! :-(