full screen menu bar

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by swammi, Sep 18, 2013.

1. swammi

swammi Bit poster

hi all,
    the hidden menu bar that appears when you hover over the top of your screen while in full screen mode has quickly become my nemesis. the button to exit out of full screen is right next to the windows close window button. is there anyway to remove this menu bar or make it disappear more quickly as i am constantly either waiting for it to disappear or accidentally exiting full screen mode.

thanks in advance for your feedback.

parallels desktop 8 for mac; Build 8.0.18608

2. bri-guy

bri-guy Bit poster

Hopefully you've found a solution after a year. I looked for months with the same problems without finding anything. If nothing else, maybe this will help somebody else.

Running Parallels 9, you can prevent or at least minimize the menu bar appearing. I can't recall if this option was available in Parallels 8 or not.

Go to the configuration menu, Options, Full Screen. Then check the "Active Screen Corners", it uses the active screen corners INSTEAD OF the MAC OS X full screen controls". That text is under the check box, though it wasn't clear what that meant.

INSTEAD OF was evidently a code word for ... no more menu bar.

I found it moments ago, and haven't tested it a bunch, but I was so excited and relieved to have that monkey gone, I had to share!

Good luck.