Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Mikcuar, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Mikcuar

Mikcuar Bit poster

I am using Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, Build 7.0.15107, on a MacBook (2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3,
    OS X 10.6.8). I have a Microsoft LifeCam HD 6000 connected through a USB hub that I use for Skype. Since I upgraded Parallels Desktop the other day, the webcam is no longer recognized by the computer. I know I could fix the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the camera. But this is a remote computer which I control with LogMeIn, and that is not an option. Is there any way I can 'trick' the computer into thinking I have done that? If you have any ideas, please be as specific as you can. I don't know much about computers. Thank you.

2. Tony Carreon

Tony Carreon Hunter

which "the computer" are you speaking of? are you saying (A) your host os no longer sees the webcam or (B) your virtual machine no longer sees the webcam?

if (A):
    - in the host mac's menu bar, open "Devices -> USB" and ensure the webcam does not have a checkmark next to it

if (B):
    - in the host mac's menu bar, open "Devices -> USB" and ensure the webcam has a checkmark next to it

if it does not show up in the "Devices -> USB" menu, it's quite possible the USB hub has disconnected (mine does that on occasion) and the only fix is to make sure it's plugged in correctly (and powered, if it uses external power)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012