Windows Desktop in Mac

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Scott0918, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Scott0918

Scott0918 Bit poster

Windows Desktop
    Hey guys, Im sure that there is a simple answer for this...

When I first installed Parallels and Win 7 Prof on my MacBook Pro, double clicking on the red Parallels icon would open up a black screen that said "Click to Start" Doing so resulted in the appearance of the Windows Desktop screen that we all know and loathe, er, I mean love....

Now, doing so only results in the appearance of a progress bar in the middle of my screen that tells me that Parallels is opening Win 7. To run any Win programs, I click on a folder that sits in my dock.

So, my issue is not so much of functionality, but mores frustration that I can't seem to recreate something that previously happened, and my overall lack of proficiency in jumping between two OS and making them do what I want them to.

Also, one more small issue...I want to watch an online demo that requires an update to Flash. We of course all know that Flash and Mac don't get along very well, but shouldn't that not matter when in Windows? I have gone thru the update steps and hit "run" when prompted to, but I still get the message that Flash is not updated.

Any help would be appreciated!