VPN (Checkpoint VPN-1) in guest Lion and accessible on Host Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Daniel Zupo, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Daniel Zupo

Daniel Zupo Bit poster

Hi people, I wish to use my connection on my Lion Guest with checkpoint Secure Client VPN-1 inside my Mountain Lion Host.

Is that possible? How can I configure network interface on Guest and Mountain Lion configuration on Host?

2. gkratkin

gkratkin Member

I do this regularly. No special configuration should be necessary.

Regards,
    Gary

3. Daniel Zupo

Daniel Zupo Bit poster

Well Gary, I can't use the connection on my host without extra configuration. I'm testing parallels 8 and with my Lion Guest I connect and access machines inside VPN network via SSH, but in my Host Mountain Lion I cannot connect those machines. Your network interface is Bridged or Shared? Could you help me with more information?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  4. gkratkin

gkratkin Member

Sorry Daniel, I misread your question. I don't know of any straightforward way to do this. The solutions I've seen involve adding a host-only adapter to the guest (in addition to the bridged adapter the vpn goes out on). Change the host-only IP address to put it on the same subnet as the host's vnic0 (shared network). Then run a proxy or port forwarder in the guest, and configure the host proxy settings to point to it. I haven't tried it myself.

-Gary