Usb & sd cards make parallels auto launch

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by bigdre, Nov 19, 2010.

1. bigdre

bigdre Bit poster

I recently upgraded to build 6.0.11828. i plug in my sons mp3 to simply charge it or my phone to simply charge it. I do not get the prompt asking weither or not i want to connect to mac or windows. It simply fires up windows/parallels. Its annoying. I have con into the configurations and unchecked "share folders with mac" and "share folders with windows". and in preferances i have it checked as "ask each time" under usb devices... no luck. it launches each and every time. If i then quit windows the item will remain charging.. but y the launch? and how can i stop it? My phone is a windows mobile phone and obviously the cheap little mp3 supports windows only.. is that it? Even if that is the case it didnt do this in parallels 5. How do i get parallels to stop launching automatically everytime i plug in a windows device?

(update) today i popped in a sd card.. not a windos thing either.It popped open parallels and starting booting windows.

Thank you in advance for your help. i did try a search but USB is to broad a word.