USB Modem - No Device Connected

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CappyP, Jul 6, 2012.

1. CappyP

CappyP Bit poster

Ok, Like many others, I am holding off upgrading to Lion due to software that will no longer work on it. My situation is I invested in Ovolab Phlink years ago and have a pretty nice answering machine setup. My first thought was to invest in a cheaper used mini, run Phlink there and screen share it with my current iMac as to get my calls & view my call log. Then I started looking into using a VM to do this. I already run Windows on my Mac with parallels.

Revently, I upgraded to Parallels 7 and started looking into running OS 10.6.8 as a VM. Went thru the whole load process and now have a smooth running VM machine with 10.6.8. I next loaded Ovolab's Phlink on it and all went smooth, until I started the app and am getting "No Device Connected" (see image) from the Phlink Status Window.

Parallels Tools show the modem "SGS Thomson Microelectronics - 56k Softmodem #2" in the USB list with a check mark next to it. (see image) Also, my VM machines System Profiler also has the modem listed under USB devices. (see image) If I unplug the modem and plug it back in, parallels asks which machine to hook it to - I choose the VM and all looks good, again until I launch the Phlink App. Then I get No Device connected.

This application works great on my iMac running 10.6.8 but not on the VM. I have the latest Parallels software:
    Build 7.0.15098 (Revision 770637; June 13, 2012) and all updates on my iMac are up to date.

Unfortunately, Ovolab no longer is in business so I can't go to them. I just want what works in one version of 10.6 to run in the other.

Anyone have any clues what I can try next????

Thanks for your time in advance.

Attached Files: