Unable to install macOS Lion on Parallels 17 (macOS 14.5)

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MassimoA4, Jun 18, 2024.

1. MassimoA4

MassimoA4 Bit poster

Hello everyone,

I need to install macOS X 7 (Lion) on my machine (macOS 14.5) using Parallels 17. I downloaded the .dmg installation file from the Apple website and there is a .pkg file inside.

When I launch the installation of a new virtual machine and select the file, the system gives me this error "Unable to Detect Operating System" and gives me the option to continue anyway. When I proceed, however, it fails to install anything.

What should I do?

Thank you.

2. MassimoA4

MassimoA4 Bit poster

Additional details:

• I have downloaded the macOS Lion installation file from the official Apple website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/106383
    • I am using Parallels Desktop 17 on macOS 14.5.
    • I have tried creating a new virtual machine and selecting the installation file, but the error persists.
    • I have also tried restarting my computer and Parallels Desktop, but the issue remains.
    I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you.

3. Patrick27

Patrick27 Bit poster

4. MassimoA4

MassimoA4 Bit poster

Thank you, but I preferred to download the official file from the Apple website. However, I unpacked the pkg and created my own iso, all from the terminal, and I managed to install it on a new virtual machine. Thank you for your answer anyway.

5. Patrick27

Patrick27 Bit poster

Top there many ways to Rome:)