Unable to install Android from Parallels' interface

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by RedFoxy Darrest, Mar 15, 2014.

1. RedFoxy Darrest

RedFoxy Darrest Bit poster

Hi all!
    When I do a new Virtual Machine I try to use "Download Android Free", but after it download the virtual machine, I get an error: The appliance name Android 4 (experimental) does not match the name of the virtual machine bundle

After that error I cannot run it, I can only retry or delete it.

I tried to copy the downloaded file and add it to my parallels' list and it goes

Schermata 2014-03-15 alle 21.30.22.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello RedFoxy,

We need more details on this issue. Please check your PM.

Thanks,
    Maheeshwar

3. DavidStrachan

DavidStrachan Bit poster

Hi, I am getting the exact same issue, Did you manage to get a solution to the problem ?

4. RedFoxy Darrest

RedFoxy Darrest Bit poster

Yep, I found a solution, download it and when it fail don't stop or close it, go in your parallels' vm directory and copy the .pvm file, close the failed installation and remove it from the vm list, after that double click on the .pvm file to add it, finish!

5. DavidStrachan

DavidStrachan Bit poster

Thank you so much for the prompt reply, with a perfect answer as well to fix the problem. The only thing I had to do extra was after removing the vm from the list I had to shutdown parallels completely and relaunch before it was happy to add the vm back in.