Slow performance on Macbook Air

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by M.B., Dec 30, 2014.

1. M.B.

M.B. Bit poster

Hi,

I got a Macbook Air with PD 10 (10.1.2) installed, bought just in December. OS X is Yosemite 10.10.1. Now I created a Virtual Machine from my recovery partition and it installed a fresh Yosemite. From the start the machine was dead slow with wrong display resolution. So I installed Parallels Tools and mouse and desktop resolution were ok. But hovering over the OS X top menu gives me a large delay. Highlighting the several menu options just happens several time after the mouse pointer already reached it. Also in the beginning at the log on screen there's a real slow screen building process. You can see a line scrolling down from the top of the screen...my MBA has 8 GB RAM and a 256 SSD so I guess it should at least run a OS X in idle mode, shouldn't it.

When I start PD my host system says something about that some animations were disabled due to energy saving mode.

What can I do? Even my 5 year old Acer Laptop has a better Performance with VM Ware Player than this...

Kind regards,
    Michael

2. M.B.

M.B. Bit poster

Ok I tested installing Windows 7 now and that one is much more fluent. Isn't there any chance to get a fluent working Yosemite within my VM? I'd need this to play around as it's my first Mac :)

3. M.B.

M.B. Bit poster

Stunning support Parallels, no question!

4. Nikhil@Parallels

Nikhil@Parallels Parallels Support

5. M.B.

M.B. Bit poster

I already tried this. And it seems that I am not the only person who suffer from this problem (see here: https://forum.parallels.com/threads/tip-yosemite-as-a-guest-vm-getting-better-performance.326222/). The performance of a yosemite guest on a yosemite host is far from evil! I don't understand why you can't make an installation yourself and check it out?! This support is ridiculous...

When it comes to the login screen I can see the screen build up itself from top to bottom...this can not be! It's impossible to work with this thing...

6. M.B.

M.B. Bit poster

When will you finally fix this problem? Or give people their money back. What you are doing is ripping off people with promises you can not fulfill.

7. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Like I've written on the tip thread, the slow performance is due to lack of hardware acceleration support in OS X guests, all the graphics are being done by software, this happens because apple has not provided access to the necessary API.