Running Windows via Parallels for multiple users is a dumpster fire

sfsdfd

Bit poster
I bought my two kids a MacBook Pro. They both want to play Minecraft (Bedrock) with their friends, so they have to run it in Windows.

I installed Parallels, bought a Windows 11 license and installed it, and installed Minecraft. All well and good while running it through my account.

Then I tried to run it through my kids' accounts, and the nightmares began.

Currently, Windows has only one account. This is a problem for Minecraft because if Kid #1 is signed into Minecraft using Kid #1's account, and Kid #2 wants to use this machine to play Minecraft, then *at best* when Kid #2 logs into Parallels, it will serve him Minecraft using Kid #1's account. In reality, I can't even get that far, because I can't access the VM from either kid's account after creating it in my account, presumably because of a permissions issue.

It appears that the most reasonable solution to this problem is to run *three separate instances of Windows hosted in three separate VMs*, one for each account. It's a grotesque waste of storage space, but I don't think that there is a more efficient option.
 
I bought my two kids a MacBook Pro. They both want to play Minecraft (Bedrock) with their friends, so they have to run it in Windows.

I installed Parallels, bought a Windows 11 license and installed it, and installed Minecraft. All well and good while running it through my account.

Then I tried to run it through my kids' accounts, and the nightmares began.

Currently, Windows has only one account. This is a problem for Minecraft because if Kid #1 is signed into Minecraft using Kid #1's account, and Kid #2 wants to use this machine to play Minecraft, then *at best* when Kid #2 logs into Parallels, it will serve him Minecraft using Kid #1's account. In reality, I can't even get that far, because I can't access the VM from either kid's account after creating it in my account, presumably because of a permissions issue.

It appears that the most reasonable solution to this problem is to run *three separate instances of Windows hosted in three separate VMs*, one for each minecraft apk account. It's a grotesque waste of storage space, but I don't think that there is a more efficient option.
Yeah, that’s ridiculous. Setting up three separate Windows VMs for two kids just to play Minecraft is wild.
 
Running Windows through Parallels for multiple users can become complicated, particularly when each user needs separate Windows environments, applications, files, and permissions. Resource allocation can also become an issue because virtual machines require sufficient CPU, RAM, and storage.

For a multi-user setup, it helps to plan how Windows licenses, virtual machines, user profiles, shared folders, and backups will be managed. Depending on the workload, a dedicated Windows system, remote desktop environment, or centralized virtual desktop solution may be easier to administer than maintaining multiple Par
 
Back
Top