Re-Installed Parallels

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CharlesHarm, Aug 15, 2010.

1. CharlesHarm

CharlesHarm Bit poster

HI,

Let me begin by saying I did the foolish thing of not backing up and had a crash. I had to reinstall my OSX Leopard.
    (All of my programs for Mac and Parallel/Window were installed when I purchased the mac, I loaded the rest of the programs "MicroSoft Office" ect.)
    I had to reinstall Parallels (5) and windows.
    Now my problem is that when I access "Excel" in Windows, a link is shown on the mac side as "Microsoft Excel.lnk"
    Prior to my problem this image in the mac window was not shown.
    If I remove the .lnk on the Mac side and then go back to windows to open "Excel" (short cut) it will not open. I have to once again set a short cut for Excel then it will open and the .lnk will be back on the Mac side.
    Let me add that I can open Excel from the Start/Program and the .lnk is not on the Mac side, it's seems that when I set a short cut for the programs (Windows) it will also show the .lnk.
    I set all of the option for parallels to what I thought and from the user guide to what they should be. But, I must have missed something and any help would be appreciated.

New Info about problem.
    When I create a Short Cut for Excel or other products I can Right click Excel short cut and see the properties.
    (The exception is for my Browser it work just fine with a short cut)

I see in General Tab something like this
    "\\.psf\Home\Desktop"
    In the Shortcut Tab for the "Start In" I see blank

and I think it should be something like this
    For General Tab
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"
    and the Start In
    "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox"

Update on my problem, it was SOLVED.
    The one option I did not try was the Option for "DeskTop" which is in the "Shared Profile"
    If this option is selected it will place the ".Lnk" to the Mac desk top.

Thanks

Charles

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010