TimothyLegg
Bit poster
Hello,
I have 4 virtual machines installed:
In my ~/Documents/Parallels/ , I see three of the PVM folders present where Windows XP is missing.
I did a little investigation and found that this PVM is stored in /Users/Shared/Parallels . Also contained here is ./Backups and ./Problem\ Reports/ .
I am concerned about having a consistent layout of the data. I would like to have the PVMs located in the same directory. Consider either of the two scenarios:
How safe is it to move the directories from one place to another. I'd prefer not to trip copy-protection flags or break links internal to Parallels to a severity of requiring a reinstallation.
Thank you very much.
Tim Legg
I have 4 virtual machines installed:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 8 Professional
- Ubuntu Linux
In my ~/Documents/Parallels/ , I see three of the PVM folders present where Windows XP is missing.
I did a little investigation and found that this PVM is stored in /Users/Shared/Parallels . Also contained here is ./Backups and ./Problem\ Reports/ .
I am concerned about having a consistent layout of the data. I would like to have the PVMs located in the same directory. Consider either of the two scenarios:
- Move the XP PVM from /Users/Shared/Parallels to ~/Documents/Parallels/
- Move the three other PVMs from ~/Documents/Parallels/ to /Users/Shared/Parallels/
How safe is it to move the directories from one place to another. I'd prefer not to trip copy-protection flags or break links internal to Parallels to a severity of requiring a reinstallation.
Thank you very much.
Tim Legg