Problem with Photoshop CS4 and brush tools under Parallels 7 Lion guest

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JakubG, Oct 11, 2011.

1. JakubG

JakubG Bit poster

Hi all,

I have weird problem with Photoshop CS4 under Lion guest system in Parallels 7 everything is running on MacBook Pro on Lion.
    When I try to use any brush, or marquee, clone or heal tool it looks like the first time I press the mouse button it registers it, but when I move a mouse it stays in place. Mouse pointer moves around the screen ok, it is just the Photoshop brush that stays in place.

When using Marquee tool I should be able to click on canvas and drag to resize the marquee. Instead when I click it creates a marquee starting in the left hand upper corner and ending in the point where I clicked (creating a rectangular shape, see picture),

[​IMG]

Similar behaviour exhibits vector tool (see picture) I have clicked in the left down corner, then in the middle, and in the right upper corner - in theory that should render a straight line, but it creates weird shape instead.

[​IMG]

Settings:
    Macbook Pro - 8GB mem, 2.66MHz, Lion
    Parallels 7 guest system Lion, 3GB mem assigned, Parallels tools installed. The same effect in full screen and in windowed mode.

Cheers