Poor Performance & Mouse/Cursor Lag/Glitch

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Madison, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Madison

Madison Bit poster

I purchased Parallels 8 for my Mid 2012 Retina MBP and as of the last 2 months i have had significantly poor performance and mouse/cursor glitches.

I primarily use Autocad 2012 and Autodesk Revit (which never used to be an issue prior to the 2 months and also was fine in Parallels 7). When the mouse is moved quickly it glitches, deforms and becomes jittery, which is overall uncomfortable to use. I have reinstalled parallels and parallels tools and have endlessly adjusted the hardware allocation but i cannot seem to replicate the once, comfortable and smooth, mouse/cursor movements.

This issue is mainly within the drawing space of both these programs, but i have also noticed that it occurs when drawing a selection box on the desktop screen by clicking and dragging the mouse.

I feel this issue is not related to the mouse itself as the trackpad produces the same results.

Has anyone had a similar issue which has been resolved?

2. PGyore

PGyore Bit poster

Fixed.

Madison,

I was having laggy cursor problems after upgrading to Parallels 8. I turned off Hardware Acceleration in AutoCAD and the cursor performance is back to what it was in Parallels 7.

HTH.