PD 10: Can I make Boot Camp invisible?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by willmow, Mar 20, 2015.

1. willmow

willmow Member

Under PD9, I never saw Boot Camp appear as an application: when working under Parallels, all I saw in the Mac's quick application switcher (Command-Tab) was the Parallels icon, which itself became invisible when I invoked Coherence. Very elegant behaviour.
    Under PD10, however, Boot Camp is visible all the time: so, under Parallels I now see the Boot Camp and the Parallels icons in the Mac's application switcher, and although the Parallel's icon disappears in Coherence mode, Boot Camp remains annoyingly visible.
    What Parallels setting do I need to hide the Boot Camp icon at all times and under all circumstances?

2. willmow

willmow Member

Hello? Is anyone there? What kind of forum is this?

3. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Willmow,
    We understand that you see two Parallels icons appeared at the Mac Dock instead of one, it is a new feature of Parallels Desktop 10. To configure it, please go to Parallels Desktop > Preferences > General Tab > Virtual Machine Dock Icons > You may select between these options OS Icon or Live screenshot, please go through http://kb.parallels.com/122696 to know more about this feature of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.