Parallels Transporter converting old Mac High Sierra into VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JochenH1, Oct 24, 2023.

1. JochenH1

JochenH1 Bit poster

Hi there,
    I have to admit, I was surprised that I found nothing on google or with the forum search about this problem. I was absolutely sure, that I can not be the only one, but obviously I am either stupid or really the only one... So if I was just stupid, I beg your pardon and hope you can please just post a link, where I can find the solution.
    The problem: I have a running High Sierra with some lifetime licensed adobe programs running on an old macbook. I do not use it often, but on a newer MacOS the licensed programs do not run. So I would like to do the same, what the parallels transporter does with a windows pc: I would like to convert the whole Mac to a virtual machine. I have my old Windows PC running virtual on parallels and this is great. That is why I want to run this Mac to on my newer Intel Macbook Pro.
    It would be very complicated to install the MacOS first and then all the programs. Best would be, if there is a solution to change the hard disk with everything on (it is only 4 GB all together) into a virtual machine.
    Is that possible? How can it be done?
    Greetings
    Jochen