Parallels 7 question...

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by StarShot, Dec 26, 2011.

1. StarShot

StarShot Member

A few weeks ago I installed the new Parallels 7 on my MacAir laptop. BEST installation of Parallels/Windows that I've ever seen. During the installation, I just took whatever the defaults were. I don't remember any choice of how I wanted the HD to be partitioned.

I'm under the impression that an installation like mine automatically "slides" back and forth re how much of the HD will be OS-X and how much will be Win7. Is that a true statement? When you're running a MBA with a 128GB SST drive, ld

My brother also just go a new MBA (he's non techie) so he went with some guy who's suppose to be an expert. This guy went the Bootcamp route, dividing the hard drive more toward the OS-X side. My brother is mainly a Windows kind of guy. I'm wondering what would be involved in starting over to the point where he had a OS-X (Lion) setup with no Bootcamp. I'm guessing if he got to that point, he could install Parallels 7 like I did, then install Windows 7 again.

I'm amazed how smoothly and quickly I'm able to slide back and forth between OS-X and Win7. It blows my old Parallels 4.0 right out of the water.