OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 update and Windows 7

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by SahilT, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SahilT

SahilT Bit poster

First of all I ONLY use Parallels to access military websites that require CAC cards and usually work on best on internet explorer. There is a way to make safari CAC card/military friendly, but I haven't quite figured that out yet. Firefox/Chrome are not usually CAC friendly especially any updates.

I idiotically updated my Macbook to El captain to try to use adobe expert (which required the update) on my Macbook. Completely forgetting that I have Parallels desktop 8, which I believe it not compatible with the El Capitan update. I used Windows 7 on my Parallels 8.

I considered purchasing an update, but Parallels 11 upgrade is only available for Parallels Desktop 9 or above.

So basically, is there a way to upgrade my parallels desktop to run on EL Capitan without losing my windows 7 virtual machine? Is there any cheaper option than forking over the $80 for a brand new desktop 11? Or the alternative, anyone know how to make safari CAC card/ military website friendly?

Any sincere advice is appreciated.

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    You will not lose any of your Windows files when upgrading to Parallels Desktop 11 by following this article .
    Since you are using Parallels Desktop 8 currently. You need to buy the full version by paying $79.99 .