No Sound Option After Installing Snow Leopard Server

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by fokmores, Mar 15, 2016.

1. fokmores

fokmores Bit poster

Hello Everyone,

If any of you could help me with this issue that I have been trying to fix for the past two weeks (without success...):
    • I need my MacBook Air (13 inch, late 2010 with Mac 10.11.3 installed) to run Snow Leopard or any version of MacOSX that has Rosetta
    • I tried installing SL or SLS directly as a second partition by burning the installation .dmg onto a USB but with no success, it loads a while then asked me to restart but can't proceed
    • Therefore, I thought maybe installing it as a VM in Parallels may solve the problem
    • After successfully installed the SLS in Parallels 11.0.0, everything seems to run smoothly except one - NO SOUND
    • While sound option in Parallels is selected as Default, in SLS it cannot detect any sound device no matter what. I tried installing Parallels Tools and then on top of that, install the Parallels Tools Audio 10.5.pkg inside the Install.mpkg, but it didn't solve the problem
    Has anyone encounter similar issue before who can enlighten me with a solution?

Many thanks in advance!
    Chris