Nat Forwarding

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Compulady, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Compulady

Compulady Bit poster

I am trying to set up my motherinlaw so she can play bridge using OKWin running in Windows 7 through Parallels 8 on the Mac. When she tries to serve a game she gets an error that she can't do it due to Nat Fowarding. Is there a way to get around this?
    This is the issue the software support for OKWin gives:

With OKwin4.11 you may see the following errors when attempting to serve a table:

NAT FORWARDING
    Your computer IP address does not match what other people on the Internet see your computer IP address as. This means that you or your Internet Service Provider are using Network Address Translation (NAT) to provide your computer's IP address connection to the Internet. By default NAT does not allow for incoming TCP connections to your computer which is required for serving a table. You will need to configure your NAT connection sharing device to allow your computer to accept a TCP connection on the Table Serve TCP Port you specify in your OKwin preferences. The connection sharing device is commonly a dsl or cablemodem router you or your Internet Service Provider has installed in your home. Usually the setting to do this is called Port Forwarding and you specify the TCP port and your computer's IP address as the options. In a NAT environment each TCP port number can only be forwarded to one IP address, so if you have multiple computers you will need to set up serving on a different TCP port for each computer. Also, if your computer's IP address ever changes you will need to change the port forwarding configuration.
    NOTE: after you have verified that you have port forwarding turned on, you might still get this error message if you are FIREWALLED. For example you could have a cablemodem router using NAT and also the built in firewall of WindowsXP turned on. See the table serve error FIREWALLED for more details.

Thank you in advance.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. Compulady

Compulady Bit poster

Thank you I will do that.