macOS Sonoma 14 and Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Sep 15, 2023.

?

Do you have any issues with running Parallels Desktop 19 on macOS Sonoma?

1. All good, thanks

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No, I have an issue

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. DavidOpus

DavidOpus

Since I installed Parallels Desktop with an M1 chip, my iPhone is not being discovered everytime I restart my machine?

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hi David,

Kindly confirm to us your method of connecting your iPhone to your machine.
    Do you connect it directly or via a dongle?

Additionally, please collect a technical report while the issue is being reproduced (click the Parallels icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

3. AndyB28

AndyB28 Bit poster

Sonoma 14.4.1 and DisplayLink 1.10.1 with a Plugable USB-C dual 4k dock, I get random crashes of DisplayLink Manager where my external monitors disconnect. I have to open the MacBook Air (M1) from clamshell mode and restart DisplayLink Manager. On occasion this will also cause the Air to sleep, which is unnerving in the middle of a Teams call with a client as I have to reconnect entirely.

Note: This only happens while Parallels is running, whether there are any Windows applications open or not. With Windows shut down I never have an issue.

Thanks!

4. nickjbedford

nickjbedford Junior Member

My keyboard has gone haywire in the last week or few. macOS 14.5 Sonoma guest on macOS Sonoma 14.4 host with Parallels 19.3.1.
    It's constantly repeating characters randomly. Infuriating!

5. AndyB28

AndyB28 Bit poster

I have the same with a Windows guest. The repeat is in either the guest or the host, depends on which has focus when it goes wild. Not constant, but probably twice a day or three times.

nickjbedford likes this.
  6. nickjbedford

UPDATE: I rebuilt my VM with macOS 14.1.1 image that I still had and the keyboard is fine.
    Something in the newest versions of macOS Sonoma are causing major issues with the keyboard input through Parallels.

7. nickjbedford

The keyboard in macOS Guest 14.1.1 has since started to go haywire again without upgrading to Sonoma 14.5. This is extremely frustrating!