Full screen mode - options missing

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BernhardB, Mar 5, 2010.

1. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

I would like the full screen mode to have the following options for VM configuration:
    a) to have the OSX menubar permanently visible
    b) to be able to access the auto-hide Dock on mouse over

I know that I can get both in coherence mode, but this mode has major disadvantages in my case, where it would result into "windows clutter" on Expose and where I still see minor miss-implementations (e.g. VM windows are resized when they should be not, Windows task bar has to be set on auto-hide manually on each start, sub-windows that XP handles as a single application are turned into separate windows/applications).

I really tried to switch to work with coherence mode, but the disadvantages cited above are just to bothersome on each start.

Full screen works great for me, and it would be cool to have the menubar visible to quickly check with certain OSX apps, and to get simply mouse over access to the menubar.

2. lebrett

lebrett Bit poster

+1 for the OSX menu bar. It could auto hide though but I would like to have access to it in full screen mode.

3. BernhardB

BernhardB Hunter

lebrett - you do have access to the menubar by either keyboard shortcut or the active corner setting with mouse, which both include auto-hide.

My suggestion above include this thinking:
    a) visible menubar = no interruption of work flow to get information by a glance, useful especially with multiple monitors.
    b) simple mouse over access to dock without pressing keyboard, also quicker/simpler