[email protected] How do I open a WINDOWS .jpg in MAC Photoshop app

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Deac_Lancaster, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Deac_Lancaster

Deac_Lancaster Member

I want to use Windows 7 "Open With" in Windows Explorer to open a .jpg file in Photoshop on the Mac.
    I found that I can make Photoshop the default app in MacOS, then in Windows Explorer click on "Open on Mac". But I want to be able to use Photoshop one time and Illustrator the next without changing the Mac default.
    How can I find a .exe from Windows that actually opens the mac Photoshop.app?

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Deac,
    You can not find the .exe for the Mac Photoshop app on the Windows side, however you can only right click on the file and select 'open with' and view the list of programs.
    It is also not possible to simultaneously open the file with two different programs without changing the default but again you can right click and use open with options.
    You can access Mac OS X applications from within Windows and you can access Windows programs from Mac OS X. For example, if you locate a file using the Open menu in a Windows program and decide you would rather open the file using a Mac OS X application, you can. Shared Applications Tool enables you to specify default applications for certain types of files, so that you can open some types of files in Windows applications by default, and others - in Mac OS.