Damaged VM Parallels 9 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by SanD1, Jan 20, 2015.

1. SanD1

SanD1 Bit poster

Hi together,

this happened now for the second time. First time using Yosemite, the first time on an older OS X.

I am getting a black screen on my Windows 7 machine and Parallels is not able to start VM again.

The first time is one year ago and I had no backup what was very worse. Now I have a Timecapsule.
    But setting up again from backup needed 24 hours!

So I want to avoid this again for the future. It never happened on Parallels 8 only on Parallels 9.

Anyone with same experience? Is there a bug? Should I change to Parallels 10?
    My current version is
    Build 9.0.24251

Is there also a simple and easy way for automatic backup of the virtual machine so I dont have to rebuild the whole system?

Thanks for helping me

Kind regards
    Sandra

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

There is no reason to assume there is a problem with Parallels 9.

It's possible that you have an hardware problem that causes data corruption, either with the disk or the RAM.

Run disk utility.app to diagnose the disk, do a 'verify disk' on all your internal disks/partitions.
    Run Apple Diagnostics: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731

You should also run CHKDSK on Windows.

Although Time Capsule is very convenient over a wireless connection it's considerably slow for moving so much data, consider connecting directly via a wired connection.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015