CPU 100% after suspend

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Octo07, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Octo07

Octo07 Junior Member

My setting
    MacBook Air 11", 2013 8 GB ram
    Parallels Desktop 9 Update to last version
    Client Mac OS 10.8.5 (1 CPU dedicated, 2048 MB reserve for it and 128 MB for the video card)

I use it to install Java virtual machine (which I do not want to install in directly in my machine) and use Eclipse to do some Java programming.

This happen to me a few times so far.
    When I am finish working in parallels, I do not close the windows to Suspend the virtual Mac, and I return to my Real mac.
    After a while a hear the fan going crazy. I look into Activity monitor and i see both CPU at 100% on this prl_vm_app parallels task.
    Switching to Parallels I see that my 10.8.5 is suspended (as expected after a long time of inactivity).
    Trying to Resume my virtual Mac bring my a Frozen OS and I have to Shut down and quit parallels.
    Then CPU usage is back to normal.

I must Add that the frozen OS also happen when I work but I could not find a sequence of things to, do to reproduce the problem.

Parallels is a nice and certainly a complex product, and i understand there could be bugs sometime.
    I hope the programmer will find the problem rapidly.
    I will give them time, but we have to remember that Parallels kind of Rent this software for 50$ a year.
    I have many others programs on my mac and none of them take both core a 100% when they are not in used.
    Not a small problem in my eyes.(others could think Differently, but that's my view :)