Can't install windows 7 iso

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by OshunJ, Jun 18, 2011.

1. OshunJ

OshunJ Bit poster

Any thoughts. I had windows 7 installed but needed another version so I uninstalled the original virtual machine.
    I downloaded the .iso image from msdn, but when I select the image from parallels, automatic detection fails, please select your OS, I enter the license code. The VM of win7 window appears.

When I click on the win 7 VM it gives me the attached prompt, basically saying it failed...

BTW: On Macbook - air late 2010

Attached Files:

2. OshunJ

OshunJ Bit poster

bump

<anyone?>

Does Parallels support Win 7-ultimate-64 bit?

3. TeddyN

TeddyN Bit poster

I had the same problem with a 64 bit windows home premium. I tried a much simpler 32 bit windows 7 professional and it worked for me. I do not know what it is with 64 bit that mac does not want. I also had trouble with a 64 bit windows 7 on boot camp when I was trying to install drivers from the os x installation cd. So I just opted out to 32 bit software.

4. Jens Ecker

Jens Ecker Bit poster

Me too :(

Hello guys,

i am trying with Parallels Desktop on Ubuntu 10.04 :) and i want to install WIndows 7 x64 in the Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine. But it can not work :( I try frist qemu emulator or kvm emulator than i will migraine from qemu image into parallels image. Qemu-img has supported image for parallels desktop :)

Try convert -f parallels <windows_hd_7x64.img ( orginal raw, important )> <windows_hd_7x64.hdd>
    Do not use from qcow2 or qcow format by woroked image. I have been tested because qcow2 format in the image than i have been converted than parallels image can not boot up because boot loader has been given errors "No Operating System found. Please make sure frist creating raw flat image with installed Windows 7 x64 than you can convert from raw image into parallels image.

Than you mount parallels image into Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine and you start now Do not worry. It will upgrading by Parallels Tools and floppy image for drivers into your Windows 7 x64 . Wait than you try for starting Windows 7 Loader. You can install drivers from floppy image than WIndows 7 x64 will install possible sure. If yyour Windows 7 does not install current driver than trying from Windows Update wheny ou have been connected with Parallels Network Connector ( like Nat or Birdge etc.. )

I hope because my message helps for you and fix sure.. :)

Thanks for welcome and support :) Regards, Jens Ecker from Germany

5. LanceJ

LanceJ Bit poster

[​IMG] thanks for the information. it is a headache since i'm having the same problem with this one. tried it on win 7 professional 64 bit and won't work. any other useful information here to make this thing work. i sure want some.

can i use it or not? that's what i want to know so that i won't have to push myself in getting this done.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011