Can't Install Epson Network Printer on OSX Guest VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by adweed, Nov 5, 2011.

1. adweed

adweed Bit poster

I can't get my networked Epson Artisan 835 All-in-One Printer (printer, FAX & Scanner) to be visible in the OS X 10.7 Lion Guest VM. It's connected via Ethernet and works with the OS X Lion host. The printer settings in the Guest OS can't find the printer. How can I get the guest OS to see it so I can install the drivers?

-Andy

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

In the network preferences pick Bridged Networking and the correct network adapter (the same you use in OSX native to connect to the printer) so the Guest can be on the same network as the printer. The default shared networking creates a sub network with only one external ip address (NAT).

From the User Guide:

"Shared Network. Select this option to enable the Network Address Translation (NAT) feature for the virtual machine. In this case, your virtual machine will share whatever network connection is currently used by the host computer.

Bridged Network. Select this option to allow the virtual machine to access the local network and Internet through one of the network adapters installed on the host computer. In this case, the virtual machine is treated as a stand-alone computer on the network and should be configured in the same way as a real one. You can choose the physical adapter where the virtual machine adapter will be bridged in the list below the Bridged Network."