Can't copy guest system to anywhere

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by wolfi, Nov 22, 2013.

1. wolfi

wolfi Bit poster

I recently upgraded my MacBookPro 17 with a 750GB Samsung SSD. Everything went well and is now working really fast except Paralells with the Guest System Mac OS-X
    Also all other Guest Systems work fine.
    Booting from the old HD (via USB) works fine and also the virtual machine works fine, however, I can not move it to the new system.
    After investigating that issue it turnes out that copying the pvm file is not possible. All other pvm files (Linux, Windows) work fine. What I have:
    Mac OS-X 10.9 latest
    Parallels 9, latest build
    Guest System: Mac OS-X 10.8

• When copying the pvm using the Finder, it copies about 30% of it, then stopps with the Error message: "The Finder Can't complete the operation because some data in Mac OS X.pvm can't be read or written."
    • When trying to clone the pvm using Parallels, the same thing happens
    • I do have a time machine backup of it. In Time machine, it shows a file size of 19 GB (same as in Finder). When trying to restore it, it completes the operation, but the resulting file is only about 1 GB. When running the pvm in parallels, it says that the HD can not be connected and immediately the pvm size is only 2 MB. My old Virtual Machine stills work on the old HD, however, I have no backup or any possiblity to copy it anywhere so I am a bit afraid to mess around with it.
    • Also coping it within the same Hard Disk does not work, so its not a Problem with the SSD
    • I also did checks using the Disk Utility, but no result.

Anyone has seen the same or even has a solution for it?

thanks,
    Wolfgang