Can't Access My Files in Parallels

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by David_Levenstam, Dec 6, 2014.

1. David_Levenstam

David_Levenstam Bit poster

I have 10.6 Server installed in Parallels 10 on my iMac with OS 10.8.5. When I'm in 10.6 Server I can't access any of my files that are on my hard drive. There's a Shared Folders mounted on the 10.6 desktop but when I enter it and try to go into the Desktop folder for my hard drive (where I have two folders with most of the files I want to access) it shows the folder with a red line and gives me the message that I don't have permission to access the folder.
    Someone suggested that I turn on File Sharing in my 10.8 Preferences, which I did. It created a new mounted item with my iMac's name and Public Folders. The new item has a folder called Drop Box in it that has a green + on it instead of a red -, but when I try to open it, it still gives me the message that I don't have permission to access it.

2. David_Levenstam

David_Levenstam Bit poster

Hey! I finally got access! I think I had to log out of whatever I was logged in as in 10.6 Server, and then log back in as the main account on my iMac. I don't know if I was already logged in and just had to log out and log back in after allowing File Sharing in 10.8 preferences, or if I was logged in under a different account (maybe the old Test account some AppleCare tech guy had me created years go when I had some problem or other on my iMac) and had to log back in under my main account to access the items on my main account in 10.8. Either way, it worked, and I now have access in 10.6 on my main account to all my main account stuff on 10.8. :)