Cannot open windows files from Mac side in Office Programs in Parallels

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by VanessaD, Nov 29, 2013.

1. VanessaD

VanessaD Bit poster

Previously, I could click on a windows file in Finder or Mail on my Mac side, select 'open with' something call 'client virtualization manager' or something like that, and it would open Parallels and the relevant Office Program. I also used to be able to drag files from Windows Explorer into Finder/Mail or copy/paste across both machines.

Now I can't do any of these anymore (without being able to link this to any updates. I did go from PD8 to PD9 in September but I only just noticed this problem). When I select 'open with' for a windows file on the Mac side, I don't have the 'client virtualization manager' option anymore. I've searched for it on my machine but no trace. Within the VM, I can open and save documents as before.

Please help! I have trawled the forum, reinstalled Parallel Tools, checked that windows applications are set to be shared - to no avail.

Thank you!

2. ashbury

ashbury Bit poster

...same problem here. One of my many problems since upgrading to Mavericks and Parallels 9. It seems on this forum there is not much help for us.

3. VanessaD

VanessaD Bit poster

Agree, Ashbury, not much help here…fortunately, my problems fixed themselves after a few hours, just as mysteriously has they had appeared. Who knows…grateful it's working again.