Can Parallels save a WinXP BootCamp from old iMac & run it as VM on new iMac?

WilliamL6

Bit poster
On my old iMac I have a BootCamp of Windows XP. On my new iMac I have a BootCamp of Windows 10.

I want to save the Windows XP BootCamp VM from the old iMac and run it as a regular non-BootCamp VM on the new iMac.

Can this be done via Parallels alone? (Like can it backup the BootCamp installation as a Parallels VM on an external drive?) And how? Or do I need some sort of intermediary step like Winclone or other software to do this?

Thanks.
 
On my old iMac I have a BootCamp of Windows XP. On my new iMac I have a BootCamp of Windows 10.

I want to save the Windows XP BootCamp VM from the old iMac and run it as a regular non-BootCamp VM on the new iMac.

Can this be done via Parallels alone? (Like can it backup the BootCamp installation as a Parallels VM on an external drive?) And how? Or do I need some sort of intermediary step like Winclone or other software to do this?

Thanks.
Hello WilliamL6. Please refer this article to transfer a Boot Camp installation to a new Mac using Parallels Desktop for Mac.
 
Back
Top