Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Great! Parallels Desktop 11 Tech guarantee offers a free upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!I'm actually fine with paying for a big upgrade, but not 10 days after buying the product. Now I got the one I was supposed to get for free, and the other one I paid for. That's ok.
Hi I'm interested. What do I need to do to upgrade to 12? When is the cutoff period of purchase to qualify for a free 12 update?Great! Parallels Desktop 11 Tech guarantee offers a free upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!
Hello WilliamL8,Hi I'm interested. What do I need to do to upgrade to 12? When is the cutoff period of purchase to qualify for a free 12 update?
Hello WilliamL8,
Customers who purchased and activated a copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2016 through October 31, 2016, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions.
I feel the same way. When I was considering the purchase, I specifically asked the Sales department if they were planning to bring out a version 12 soon, because I would prefer to wait for the new version if they were. They emphatically told me "no," and that even if they did, I would be covered by the Tech Guarantee.
Then, less than 2 months later, what happens? You guessed it! Parallels comes out with a new version, explicitly contradicting what Sales said about a new version, and not only that, but the Tech Guarantee only covered me if I had purchased in the previous 2 weeks or so, which is a shorter time period than even Apple gives.
I feel like this is a very underhanded business practice, and puts a very bad taste in my mouth regarding the consideration of future Parallels purchases.